Friday, May 23, 2014

Birchbox and Ipsy - A Fun Way to Try New Things



Have you heard of Ipsy?  Birchbox? I hadn't until my daughter-in-law and son gave me a gift subscription to Birchbox for Christmas.  It's a 5" X 7" box that comes monthly with special products, sample size, for you to try.  Once you sign up, you're asked to fill out a profile of your interests, beauty products? hair products? anti-aging products? Gasp! bath products, etc. You fill out your profile with your likes and dislikes; what you're interested in, and your coloring, etc.  Then monthly you get this little package of goodies tailor made from your profile to try.  If you like the sample, you can order a full size product.  I've actually purchased several products so far that I wouldn't have tried if hadn't received samples. And the box is wonderful. Very sturdy and perfect to reuse for small gifts you may want to give.

Then I heard about Ipsy.  Same idea but it comes with slightly bigger samples of name brands and it always comes in a little carrying case, which is different every month.  The above picture is my first delivery in May. It also comes monthly, and I'm already in love with the "hey honey, take it off" mask.  It's wonderful and I plan to order it ASAP.  Plus, for you crafters.  It comes in the shiny pink padded mailer that can be used again as a mailer for anything your imagination can dream up.  All for $10.00 a month.

There's only one slight downside especially if you're impatient. When I first tried to sign up for Ipsy, I was put on a wait list.  I think their company is growing so fast it's hard for them to keep up with the demand. I was on the wait list for three months then got an e-mail telling me me I would start receiving my Ipsy Bag monthly, and sure enough about the middle of the month it arrived.  I'm
enjoying the samples and think it's a great way, as I said above, to try products I might not know about.  I'm sure the younger generation is all over this! Below are the links to both Birchbox and Ipsy.

Birchbox: The best way to shop for beauty and grooming products

ipsy: Exclusive Beauty Finds by Our Stylists for YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment